Today’s post comes from Emily of Eat With Emily, and is part of a special day of shenanigans from other Pittsburgh Bloggers. You can see my post over on Sloping in the Sky, where I talk about five hot new restaurants in Pittsburgh.
I’m really excited to share this recipe from Emily today. I haven’t shared a recipe with you in a long time and this one is fabulous! Salmon, goat cheese, and asparagus? Three of my favorite things! And in a risotto no less…yum Emily, you rock.
Smoked Salmon & Goat Cheese Risotto with Roasted Asparagus
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 bunch asparagus
- ~2 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 1-1.5 cups water or stock
- 4 smoked salmon
- 3 oz goat cheese
- Salt & freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Soak rice in water and the apple cider vinegar overnight, and up to 24 hours. Make sure to cover the rice while it is soaking, as flies can sometimes be attracted to the apple cider vinegar.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease or drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet for the asparagus. Place the asparagus on the pan, drizzle with a bit more olive oil, and sprinkle with salt & freshly cracked pepper.
- Drain & rinse rice thoroughly.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and add the butter. Once butter is melted, add the rice. It will have a bit of moisture in it from being soaked, but once the rice becomes dry again add the water or stock, ¼ cup at a time. After the moisture has soaked in, add another ¼ cup and so on, until the rice is no longer crunchy.
- While rice is cooking, bake asparagus for about 20-25 minutes, or until tender and slightly crispy.
- Break up the goat cheese (if not already in crumbles) and smoked salmon and stir into the rice. Serve in bowls or on plates alongside of the asparagus.
Harvest + Bloom // Yes, Wear That! // jelly jars // Glam and Graffiti // Gardening in High Heels // To The Streets // In Pursuit // Pittsburgh & Pearls // Beezus Kiddo // Goodness Madness // Last Minute Panic // Steel City Intrigue // Crank Crank Revolution // Amanda Narcisi // Pittsburgh is Beautiful // From Cats to Cooking // Yum Yum PGH // Breelicious Bites // Parmesan Princess // Coffee & A Blonde // The Steel Trap // Wavy Alabaster // everybody loves you… // Eat with Emily // Don’t Forget to Eat // Sloping in the Sky // From Farm to Turntable // Secrets in the Wall // Red Pen Mama // Feedback Soup // The AP Collection // Blog Or Die PGH // Pittsburgh Happy Hour // Friendly Fitness Foodie // Small Town Dad // Josh’s World // Geeky Sweetie // Sean’s Ramblings // Stark Raving Chic // Lunges, Long Runs and Lattes // Try it and You May! // lil Burghers // Orange Chair Blog // Ya Jagoff // Pittsburgh Lesbian Correspondents // Melissa Firman